In keeping with the theme of stripping paleo/primal recipes down to their bare bones and slapping the word “utilitarian” in the title I’ve decided to grace you all with basic instructions for baked chicken. Anyway, less talk more utility.
- Chicken 300-1500g (I often use the pre-cut “karaage” chicken thigh chunks that you can find at any supermarket here, but this works with an entire thigh, breast, etc. The amount is flexible too)
- Some kind of oil (suggestions below)
- Some kind of spice (suggestions below)
- Preheat oven to 220C, 35 minutes
- Chuck everything into a bowl and mix with your hands. If you’re not pressed for time (ha!) or an organised person (lolz!) then you can leave it marinading in the fridge for up to 24 hours (might be an idea not to preheat the oven for this long though)
- Arrange on a baking tray and put in the oven.
Geez this is so easy I can’t believe I actually bothered to type it up for you slackers. Just don’t bookmark this page in case someone is looking through your bookmarks one day and is like “wth?!”
Pro Tip: slash the skin
Oh yeah, oils and spices! There are no real rules here – get creative! eg
Oil: Olive oil
Spices: Oregano, basil, thyme, salt and pepper (maybe some garlic salt, if you can get it over here).
A Little Spicy
Oil: “Lite” Olive oil
Spices: Cayenne pepper, paprika, salt and pepper (optional: Tabasco sauce)
Oil: Macadamia or coconut oil
Spices: Salt, five spice.
…aaaaaand that’s where I stop.